cake kind a girl, in spring I crave fresher and lighter desserts. More fruity, zesty
and lighter in texture.
such a versatile fruit. Not only are they great in all kind of dessert and
treats, such as lemon curd, cakes or cookies, they also goes well in many savory dishes. They are truly a must for marinating fish or seafood, or for
making delicious vinaigrette for salads.
everything lemony. Everything I bake ends up with a hint of lemon. Anything I
drink should contain at least one slice of lemon. You get where I am going : )
Raspberries and lemons are so perfect when paired together
and for me it is definitely a spring combination. So when couple of weeks ago I
hand this lemon craving, I immediately knew I wanted to bake lemon cupcakes.
Usually I do not do any frosting, but since I already had some raspberries and
mascarpone in my fridge, I decided to whip up some.
raspberry mascarpone frosting – they are perfect to enjoy with your cuppa any
Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Mascarpone Frosting
- cupcake tray
- 150 gr plain flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 gr unsalted butter (softened)
- 170 gr caster sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice from 2 medium lemons
- 4 tbs milk
- 250 gr fresh raspberries (pureed)
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 180 gr icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- extra raspberries fortopping (optional)
- Preaheat oven to 180 C, line 12cupcake tins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, bakingpowder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add butter andsugar, with an electric mixer cream together until light and fluffy.
- Than add eggs, one at a time. Whiskuntil just combined, scraping sides of the bowl in between as needed.
- Add in vanilla, lemon juice andmilk. Whisk for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and lemonzest. Whisk until just combined. Do not over-whisk it.
- Divide batter evenly among 12cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until when inserting toothpick in themiddle of the cupcake, it comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowladd mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. On medium speed, whisktogether until smooth. Than with the spatula fold in pureed raspberries.
- Pipe raspberry mascarpone frostingover cooled lemon cupcakes. Top with extra raspberries if desired. Enjoy!