I kind a have love / hate relationship with
mushrooms. I remember few years ago I used to eat them quite often. But when I
was pregnant with my son, I absolutely hated any kind of mushrooms. So I
stopped buying them for almost a year. If you think I am kidding, than you are
wrong. There was no mushroom in my kitchen for a year. None, zero, zilch. I just could not stand them. Crazy, isn’t it?
do not eat mushrooms at all, but prior that she loved eating my creamy mushroom
soup at least once every other week. I do hope she grows out of it and she will
eat them again. Actually I haven’t made that soup for over two years now
(oops!), but I really should make a batch.
mushrooms again, I almost immediately thought about these little mushroom
bites. They are great appetizers or
party food and can be prepped ahead of time. Than when you are ready to serve, simply
stuff the mushrooms with a filling, bake for 20 minutes and serve. The other great
thing about these mushrooms that the filling combinations can be endless! So what are you waiting for? Go, bake some
and fell in love with these stuffed mushroom caps! 😉
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 24 white button mushrooms
- 250 gr cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbs chopped coriander
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 60 gr grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs divided in half
- salt,pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preaheat oven to 180 C, line cookie sheet with grease-proofpaper.
- With damp kitchen towel clean the mushrooms,remove the stems and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, mincedgarlic, chopped parsley and coriander, cheddar cheese and half of the breadcrumbs.Finley chop mushroom stems and add to the cream cheese. Mix all until combined.Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop about 1 tbs of cream cheese mix into themushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with littleolive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Leavefor a few minutes to cool before serving.